Cyberpunk 2077 cannot take advantage of AMD's SMT technology: Workaround
The long-awaited Cyberpunk 2077 has finally met with the players. The first complaints started to come from the production which was delayed many times. The game cannot use virtual cores.
- 13-12-2020 19:17
The production of CD Projekt Red, which has been eagerly awaited by the game world for quite some time, has finally been presented for download. Users who experienced the game noticed an interesting detail.
SMT, the virtual track technology that AMD started to use with Ryzen processors, was not fully used in some productions in the first period, but even FPS could be increased if it was kept off. This situation, which was corrected over time, reappeared in Cyberpunk 2077.
According to screenshots shared by users, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't touch SMT themes at all. The situation in the game using only physical cores is attributed to the production using Intel's compiler.
The solution offered by a Reddit user not only increases the usage rate of Ryzen processors, but also increases the average and minimum FPS values in practice. Moreover, it has been reported that the frame times have become more stable.
It is obvious that Intel has no responsibility for the problem. The incompatibility of Cyberpunk 2077 with the SMT technology that has been on the market for years and the fact that the situation can be corrected by a user turns the eyes to CD Projekt Red.
The steps followed by the Reddit user are as follows:
- Download the HxD hex editor.
- Find Cyberpunk2077.exe.
- Back up Cyberpunk2077.exe.
- Drag Cyberpunk2077.exe to HxD.
- Use ctrl + f shortcut, convert columns to Hex values
- Paste 75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08 into the search section you will open - values must be selected-
- Copy EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
- Go back to HxD, click on the selected values and click paste insert.
- Click on the save icon at the top.